Fake IDs and the Effort to Stop them in New Jersey
The United States is facing a serious problem with the rising prevalence and proliferation of fake identification cards across the country. This issue goes well beyond college students trying to pass of fake ID to get into the local watering hole; we are seeing a growing prevalence of expertly forged documents being utilized to commit white collar crimes like identity theft, mortgage fraud, and credit card scams even after both state and federal law enforcement agencies continue to crack down on these issues. The impact of the phenomenon is evident across the US, even in the state of New Jersey. As the stories below show, fake identification has been highlighted in several recent events across the state:
- In South Hackensack, a man was caught using attempting to use a fake California driver’s license and credit card to purchase $10,000 worth of flooring from a home improvement store. Employees became suspicious of the man after he appeared to be intoxicated while attempting to make the purchase. When authorities responded to make the arrest, they found the man in possession of 33 different fake ID’s from different states as well as 13 fake credit cards.
- Somerset County authorities arrested a young man after he was found with a large stash of fake driver’s licenses, as well as tools and materials used to create fake documents. After discovering that the man had purchased materials to create fake ID’s, authorities were able to secure a search warrant where they found scanners, printers, laminators and holograms.
- In 2014, three men from Newark were arrested in connection with running an online store that sold the high-quality fake ID’s they created. After an investigation in which the authorities successfully purchased fake ID’s through the store, they were able to trace the IP address of the confirmation email they received to one of suspects home. Further investigation showed that one of the men had placed several online orders for high quality printers, plastic cards, and other supplies. Uses Only The – Would Try Teenager Id Fools Student This Rodney National Trotter Of
What are the Penalties for Fake ID Possession in New Jersey?
In New Jersey, the consequences of being caught with a fake ID can vary. In cases were the offender is a juvenile utilizing a fake ID to obtain alcohol and/or cigarettes, the punishment includes a jail sentence up to 6 months, fines up to $1,000, and the suspension of their drivers license. While this might seem harsh at first, it pails in comparison to the punishment on will face as an adult.
Nz Finds Now Exclusive 49 News After Licence In Driver Damning Review Revoked Tvnz Loopholes 1 Fraudulent System As a adult, if you are simply caught in possession of a fake or forged ID, birth certificate, social security card, or any other official government document you will face a prison sentence up to 18 months in length and fines up to $10,000. Additionally, if you are caught using the fake ID or document to commit a crime (i.e. identity theft, credit card fraud, etc.), you will face a 5-year jail sentence and fines up to $15,000.
How to Spot a Fake New Jersey ID
For bartenders, doormen, waiters, waitresses, notaries, bank tellers, retail clerks, and any other people who must verify ID’s in a professional environment, the proliferation in fake ID creation and distribution is disturbing. In many scenarios, the person responsible for failing to recognize a forged ID takes on just as much, if not more, liability than the person possessing the forged document. That being said, it is absolutely vital that businesses needing to regularly verify the identity of their patrons or employees use the I.D. Checking Guide.
What the I.D. Checking Guide Includes:
- Nz Finds Now Exclusive 49 News After Licence In Driver Damning Review Revoked Tvnz Loopholes 1 Fraudulent System A full page or more for each U.S. state and Canadian province identity card sample, showing driver’s licenses and ID cards, plus U.S. and Canadian territories.
- Nz Finds Now Exclusive 49 News After Licence In Driver Damning Review Revoked Tvnz Loopholes 1 Fraudulent System Guidelines on standard New Jersey driver's license terms, term length, etc.
- An explanation of where ghost images, holographic overlay, and microprinting elements should be found on valid New Jersey ID
- An explanation of what the proper alphanumeric sequencing of a New Jersey ID or Driver's license should be (i.e how many letters, numbers, etc.)
- Full details for past and current New Jersey driver's licenses in circulation.
- "How to check driver’s licenses" techniques for training use.